29 September 2015, By Mandy Paterson
Top 20 Powerball Facts You Need To Know
1 min read
Whether you’re a lotto newbie or an experienced lotto player, here are the top 20 Powerball facts you need to know!
- Powerball has a guaranteed jackpot of $3 million every Thursday.
- If there are no Division 1 winners, Powerball jackpots the following Thursday.
- Powerball jackpots tend to follow a common pattern – $3 million, $5 million, $8 million, $12 million, $20 million, $30 million, $35 million, $40 million, $50 million and $80 million. Any changes are at the discretion of lottery officials.
- Powerball has a record jackpot of $80 million.
- You can buy Powerball tickets from Oz Lotteries at any time during the week leading up to the draw on Thursday.
- The Powerball draw closes at 7:25pm AEST/8:25pm AEDT every Thursday.
- The Powerball draw time is 8:30pm AEST/9:30pm AEDT every Thursday and is televised on Australian TV.
- You can view Powerball results online soon after the draw every Thursday.
- You must choose 7 numbers between 1 and 35 for the main numbers.
- You must choose 1 number between 1 and 20 for the Powerball number.
- You must match all 7 main numbers and the Powerball number to win a Division 1 prize.
- You must match at least 2 main numbers plus the Powerball number to win any prize.
- The odds of winning Division 1 in Powerball are 1 in 134,490,400.
- The odds of winning any prize in Powerball are 1 in 44.
- You can increase the odds of winning with a Syndicate ticket by sharing the cost of tickets with more number combinations with other lotto players.
- You can increase the odds of winning with a System ticket by playing more number combinations per ticket.
- You are guaranteed to match the winning Powerball number with a Powerhit ticket.
- The most common Hot Numbers in 2018 are 9, 14, 24, 32, 19, 25 and 34.
- The most common Powerball numbers in 2015 are 2, 1, 11, 15, and 19.
- You can read all about recent Powerball winners here.
Could you be Australia’s next millionaire? Buy your lotto tickets online now.