$150 Million Oz Lotto & Powerball Double!
2 min read
This week sees a first for Australian lotteries. You have the chance to win $150 million between two of Australia’s favourite lotteries – Oz Lotto and Powerball!
This could set you and your family up for life. Travel the world, pay off your mortgage, buy holiday homes in any destination you choose, give a lump sum to your favourite charity – the possibilities are truly endless.
The previous biggest jackpot week on record was $120 million in November 2012. Until last week, this was the record set at the combined triple jackpot of $20 million Superdraw, $50 million Oz Lotto and $50 million Powerball was on offer.
Here are some more fun stats about Oz Lotto and Powerball:
Oz Lotto Stats
- 2012 – the last time there was a $70 million Oz Lotto jackpot (Draw 951 on 6th May 2012).
- $112 million – was the largest Oz Lotto jackpot. Draw 977 on the 6th November 2012.
- 33 – is the most popular main draw number. It has been drawn a total of 123 times.
- 9 years – since the last $80 million Powerball jackpot, on 30th July 2009 (two Division 1 winners!)
- Twice – the number of $80,000,000 Powerball jackpots in Australian history.
- $70 million – the biggest Powerball jackpot won by a single person in January 2016.
- 2, 39 & 40 – are the most common Powerball numbers – each drawn over 30 times.
Want to know more Powerball facts? Here are the top 20 Powerball facts you need to know.
One lucky Oz Lotteries customer won the ENTIRE Division 1 prize for Powerball draw 1151 on 7th June this year. The man from the ACT took home $50,000,000 from a Quickpick 7 ticket. Our CEO, Mike, called the winner the next morning. Completely stunned by the official confirmation, he said he was not able to sleep the night before knowing his entire life was about to change.
Earlier in January this year, the $55 Million Powerball jackpot was won by a 35-team Syndicate who worked for a Queensland Government Department.
Also, in January, 4 people got to share in the Division 1 prize of $40,000,000 Oz Lotto in January – each winning $10 million!
Head over to the Lotto Winners section on our blog to discover more winners stories.
Beat the rush
As this is the biggest week in Australian lottery history you’ll want to get in early and beat the rush. Buy your tickets online from Oz Lotteries today.